Friday, January 31, 2014

five on friday




I'm linking up with the girls for another Five on Friday. This week, I thought I'd share five recent finds that put a smile on my face.

...one...

I know it's snowing in most of the country but tomorrow's high in Orlando is 84. It's never too early to think about Spring in Florida. I saw these adorable jelly sandals at Baby Gap and couldn't pass them up for Blaire. 

Gap Jelly Bow Sandals
 
I wish they came in adult sizes too. I would so be that Mom with matching mother-daughter shoes. 

...two...

I spotted this ottoman in Target and it was love at first sight.  My cart was already full but I was determined. A sales associate spotted me lugging it in my arms as I pushed my cart and came to my rescue. I'm sure I was making quite a spectacle but it was the only one and I didn't want to lose it. (Last week, my sister was at HomeGoods scoping out these adorable chairs for her dining room. There were two and she was sitting in one. A lady came over, scooped up the other one, and marched up to the cash register with it!  Jill said it took all she had not to kick the woman for stealing half the pair. Who does that?!)  

It's now residing at the end of my hall and it makes me smile every time I pass by. The home decor section of Target is such an enticing place. I always find at least one thing calling my name.

...three...

Valentine's Day is coming up and while it's not a holiday I typically celebrate with anything more than a card or a heart shaped pancake, I just love these sweet bowls and mugs from West Elm. 

West Elm Heart Printed Bowls

West Elm Heart Mugs
The mugs are no longer available online but they were available and on sale in my local store. I'm looking forward to a hot cup of coffee in my mug and a cold bowl of ice cream in one of these fun bowls.

...four...

Another heart adorned find - this one from the HRC store!  They came out with this Sweetheart t-shirt just in time for Valentine's Day. A cute shirt for a great cause - sold. 100% of every purchase goes to HRC’s fight for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality.
 
Get one here

Mine should be arriving in my mailbox shortly. I can't wait to wear my shirt and show my support for ALL love this Valentine's Day. 

...five...

I'm drawing a blank on a fifth find.  Too bad this isn't Four on Friday.  How about a funny story from my goofball kid instead? 

Blaire's recently seen Cinderella for the first time.  She asks to watch it on occasion now, but she prefers we skip to the scene where the birds and mice make Cinderella's dress, then the ugly step-sister's rip it off her and ruin it, and the Fairy Godmother arrives to save the day and send her off to the ball, where she meets Prince Charming and lives happily ever after. Ignoring my feminist complaints with the story line for the moment, Blaire finds these 20 minutes or so entertaining and but is always very concerned with Cinderella's dress. "That's not nice!" she yells at the stepsisters and "Why are they doing that?"  We try to discourage her from watching it as she gets so worked up about it. Anyway, last night Brian and I are sitting on the couch (not watching Cinderella) with Blaire and we start tickling her, which she usually gets a kick out of.  This time, she yells "DON'T RIP MY DRESS!"  We about died laughing but she was so serious. We should probably switch back to Tangled.
 
Happy Friday!

14 comments:

Jill said...

It's been a week. I'm still not over that lady stealing my chair! I've called 4 other Home Goods...no such luck. =(

the girl in the red shoes said...

The don't rip my dress made me laugh out loud....too cute!

Nat said...

So jealous it's going to be 84 tomorrow... I think I might need to move to FL. Love those sandals and great find on the ottoman, don't blame you for dragging it the best you could! Can't miss a deal when you find one.

Sweet Simplicity said...

The story about Blaire is hilarious! She has the best wardrobe. Those sandals are so cute.

Jen B said...

Ok, my girls need those baby Gap sandals. Love the story about Blaire. So cute!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Yeah I love when I find fellow FL bloggers! People are so rude right? Some lady stole my wine glasses out of my cart at TJMaxx once....like what the heck!! People have no manners. I would have totally dragged that ottoman through Target myself as well so no one would steal it ;-)

Lindsay said...

Love it all!!!!!!

Jodi said...

I love the West Elm bowls. I actually bought them on Christmas Eve. I'm gifting some with some valentine goodies and keeping one for myself.

Melissa Williscroft said...

I just went online and ordered those adorable sandals for my nieces, PLUS the HRC tee. SUCH a great cause -- I'll definitely share it on my blog too :)

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

{Hello from the link up!} Those jelly sandals are way too cute!! The ottoman is fabulous! Target is the best!! I totally understand that cart is too full, buuut you still need something more there ;) lol! Glad a sales associate could help ya out! I ADORE those bowls! So much cuteness in this post! :) Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend!!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I wish it was above 80 degrees here!Cold and jealous :) Love the target ottoman!!!

The Mrs. said...

Love everything you posted and love your blog! Those sandals are so cute!!!!

Tiffany Mendenhall said...

It's all so cute! I think I need those bowls and mugs! And I think C needs the jellies...I grew up in jellies. I think she should too.

Barefoot in the Park said...

i fell for a hot pink & gold bench at target last week. no cart room + no budget + not in my color scheme so i left it. tear! what a great find!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity