on the fifth day

Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.

  1. I wish I'd never put a ceramic baking dish in the oven with the layer of plastic wrap under the tin foil. And I really wish I'd never had to spend 20 minutes scrubbing melted plastic off the dish. Not what I call a fun Friday night activity.
  2. I wish I could change the casting of the movie The Help. I cannot fathom what led them to cast Emma Stone as Skeeter.  I just don't see it.
  3. I wish I had never discovered the calorie content of Panera's asiago cheese bagel.  Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
  4. I wish I could change the ending of Gilmore Girls. The season finale was three years ago but I'm still bitter about how they ended things.  Rory and Logan should have ended up together.  I would have liked Lorelai to end up with Christopher but that's just me.  I own all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD.  I've seen every episode numerous times - except the finale.  I watched it the night it aired and I've never watched it again.  (I really need to get a life. I'm way too invested in a show that ended in 2007.  For the love.)
  5. I wish I had never taken a pilates class.  I was perfectly happy being unaware of my core.  The class only lasted an hour but the pain lasted for five days. If you ask me, that's not exercise - it's torture. 
  6. I wish I could change my husband's mind about Scrabble.  I love it. He hates it so much he bought me a Scrabble computer game for Christmas so he didn't have to play with me anymore.  Not sure if that was sweet or mean.

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

I didn't know they were making a movie of The Help? I had to google to check it out, and I'm with you. I'm not sure how that's going to work out with her as Skeeter. Awesome book though.

I really cringed when you mentioned that dish! I've done things like that before. Not fun.

I hated the way Gilmore Girls ended too! I wanted Rory and Logan to get together. My sister owns all the seasons, and I really need to get them.

Cindy said...

Fun series!!

Lane :) said...

ignorance is bliss!! i don't even want to know how many calories are in cheese bagels. :)

vickdn said...

Um I love asiago cheese bagels from Panera! That is my fave! That sucks it has alot of calories though :(

Sara said...

Oh, don't even get me started on the whole Rory and Logan situation. I HATED THAT. I can't believe the way that show ended. The entire last season was AWFUL. I just watched the last few episodes again (for about the 6th time) and I still cringe. Still hate it. Am still mad. Glad someone else is as crazy as me.

Kristen B or KT whatev said...

B won't play Scrabble with me either! I will play with you anytime Melly although you will kill me at it. Worst nutrition look-up for me ever was the Santa Fe GRILLED chicken salad at Applebees. 1320 calories. Seriously....

lifeofadoctorswife said...

I love the Gilmore Girls. I didn't mind how it ended, but I wish Logan would have "manned up" and stayed with Rory so she could pursue her career.

My husband hates Scrabble with a passion. What's especially annoying is that - on the rare occasions I can get him to play - he beats EVERYONE.

Valerie said...

Haha, the last one made me laugh. I love board games and I'm always trying to convince Gabe to play them with me. How could he NOT love Taboo and Balderdash?? That's my point.

xo
Valerie

Christine said...

Maybe if you let him beat you at scrabble once he'll want to play more? Or allow cuss words.. that makes it easier for us!