Friday, September 24, 2010

happy birthday brother face!

When my little brother was born, my parents bought my sister and me two Pound Puppies and a Pound Puppy carrier to tote around our new pups.  If I remember correctly, they told us the puppies were a gift from our new baby brother.  Smart move Mom & Dad.  Maybe if you tell your other kids the new one comes bearing gifts, they'll decide to like him. 

Well, it worked. 

We decided to like him. 

Jordan, It's been 24 years since you arrived bearing Pound Puppies and you've been bringing a smile to our faces ever since. I can't imagine what our family would be without you.  {But I do know the back seat of the car growing up would have been a lot more comfortable.  Just kidding!}  I hope you have a great birthday. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

Happy Birthday Jordan! 

I can't believe the little boy with blond curls in the Fred Flinstone toy car is 24. And Married. With a Master's Degree. And a CPA.  Seems like just yesterday we were playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

Love you brother!

p.s. I'm still waiting for my half birthday card to arrive. Better not have forgotten! :)

12 comments:

Candice said...

Aw Happy Birthday to your brother!!!! And fyi, I loved Pound Puppies when I was little! I had a few of them. Have a great day girl!!!!

Maggie said...

Nicely played, parents!

Polish and Pearls said...

That pound puppy story is so sweet! Happy birthday to your baby brother!

Rebekah said...

Ha, I love that your parents did that! Happy Birthday to your brother!

Tiffany said...

Cute post! Happy birthday to your brother! (Love that picture of y'all! You look hot! :)

Sara said...

So sweet! Little brothers are the best (I should know, I have 3 of them!). Happy Birthday Jordan!

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday brother. I am now in love with your blog. Can't wait to read more and catch up!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

vickdn said...

Your dress is soooo cute!

The Sister said...

He brought us gifts and we got to dress him up like a doll until he got old enough to know better! Not a bad deal! Happy Birthday Banilla Face Brother! Love you!

Valerie said...

Aww, what a cute picture! Happy birthday to your brother. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

xo
Valerie

The Brother said...

Well arent you the sweetest sister! I cant wait to see you soon in the Bahamas and celebrate!! Love you Mel!

Sole Matters said...

you look gorgeous in that pic!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity