day three

Day Three: Eight things you couldn't live without.

I think I'm going to change Day Three a bit and and instead of talking about the things I couldn't live without, I'll blog about eight things I wouldn't want to live without. Otherwise, I'm writing a post about air, water, food and shelter and I don't think anyone is interested in that. {I'm sorry - my lawyer is showing. On the whole, we're an anal and particular bunch. Words have meaning and.... Crap, I think I'm losing my audience.  Back to the point.}

Eight Things I Wouldn't Want to Live Without:

The Chi


The only flat iron I've ever owned. It makes my naturally wavy hair straight, smooth and shiny. What would take me half an hour with a round brush and blow dryer takes less than 10 minutes with the Chi.  I have no idea what I'd do without it.

My DVR

I watch a lot of television.  So does Brian. We'd never be able to catch all our shows without one of mankind's greatest inventions - the DVR. Take Thursday for example (by far the busiest TV night in our house).  We watch all the NBC comedies, Gray's  & Private Practice and Big Bang Theory, I watch Project Runway (which luckily repeats later) and Brian watches Bones & Fringe. Even with the DVR, we can't record all of this. Thank goodness for OnDemand and shows aired online.  I wanted to watch My Generation but I simply cannot add another show to Thursday night. 

Call me pathetic if you will, but I love my TV. 

I do, however, have limits.  I refuse to get another DVR for the bedroom.  We manage to watch far too much TV as it is with one.  If we each had a DVR, I fear my husband and I might spend our entire lives in separate rooms watching TV. 

My library card

Even with as much TV as I watch, I still love to read.  {I think I use the fact that I find time to read as a justification to watch so much TV. I can rationalize nearly anything. It's a gift and a problem.}  This year, I discovered that my local library delivers books to my front door - free of charge.  It's been an amazing discovery.  I go online, request a book and as soon as it's available it's brought to my doorstep. Blows my mind every time.  And, to return my books, I need only drive up to a service window and drop it off.  I've already rambled on enough about this on the blog, so I'll just say this - I LOVE MY LIBRARY.  Nerd rave concluded.

Chick-fil-A

There is a Chick-fil-A right around the corner from my house. It takes every ounce of restraint I have to eat there only once a week.  I get the same thing every time I go - the #1: A chicken sandwich, no butter, with fries and a large diet lemonade. Clearly, the diet lemonade offsets the fried sandwich and french fries - and ranch I dip it all in.

My blanket

I've blogged about my blanket before, but it's worth repeating.


The Restoration Hardware Luxury Plush Throw is ahhhh-mazing. {I convinced Becca to get one, too. She loves it!} It is the softest blanket I've ever felt. I drag it with me from the couch to bed every day.  I even took it with me on our honeymoon.  Get one for yourself. You'll thank me. Give them as gifts.  People will thank you.  Please, I beg of you RH, never discontinue it.

Mexican Food

I could happily eat tacos and guacamole five days a week.

My Kitchen Aid Mixer


You know how after people have kids they say they can't remember their lives before their children were born?  Well, I can't remember my life before my mixer.  (Yep, I just compared my mixer to your kid. That just happened.) 

Highlights

Who's got two thumbs and looks terrible as a brunette?  This girl. 


*Is anyone enjoying this blogging series?  It's feeling a bit narcissistic to me.  I suppose blogging is inherently narcissistic, but do you guys really want to read 10 days of me talking about myself?  I said I'd do it so I'll finish it out but feel free to skip these posts if you're tired of this gimmick. 

18 comments:

Maggie said...

RH Luxury Plush! T and I are obsessed. We both have RH Luxury Plush Bathrobes, which we refer to as "The Luxury." As in, "can you bring me The Luxury?" or "I think I'm just going to slip on The Luxury after my shower." We also have Luxury Plush slippers because we are THAT couple. He wears brown, I wear red.

Also he would die if he knew I was airing our dirty plush. Ha!

Cindy said...

My library delivers too!! Love it! It's like online shopping for free.

Rebekah said...

1. Chi's are the best! I love mine, although I think mine is dying. I really hope it doesn't!
2. I love my KitchenAid and couldn't live without it!
3. We don't have a DVR anymore since we moved and I'm so sad! I know it's not the end of the world, but I miss it!

Hodge Podge said...

I'm loving reading all about you. It's part of my nosy nature.

Also, 5 out of your 8 would be on my list, too. And I would definitely have to swap highlights for brow waxing. What can you do?

April said...

I'm liking this blog series...
I also LOVE my KitchenAid mixer. Her name is Lucille, she's bright red, and she and I are BFF. 'Nuff said :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE THE BLOG CONTENT. Funny as all hell. =) xoxo LK

Polish and Pearls said...

I love the library too, lol, I always feel like a nerd when I realize how much time I spend there.

And now I'm going to have to get Chick-fil-A for lunch today, haha!

Poor and Fabulous said...

I can't wait to get in on the "the Luxury" action from RH! Also, I love the library delivery too! I currently live in Orlando but am moving to Nashville soon, and I really hope the library delivers there... I think this series is fun!

Lovely In Pink said...

Oh the blanket, the infamous blanket! Speaking of which, the other day, my hubby tried to steal it from me on the couch and I was all, oh no you didn't! Then, he had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't as soft as it used to be and that I've ruined it by washing it. (Which is partly true because yes, sadly, it isn't as soft as it once was but STILL. It's softer than any other blanket ever!) I get very defensive when it comes to my blankie. ;)

p.s. I'm loving this blogging series.

p.p.s. I love Chick fil A too.

p.p.p.s. Actually, every single thing on your list is what I would list on mine. Freaky!

Lovely In Pink said...

Also, one more thing about the Luxury Plush. I, too, carry mine from the couch to the bed every single night. Seriously, are we the same person?

Danielle said...

Oh your opening reminded me SO much of my lawyer husband! So funny (:

Sara said...

I'm feeling the same way about this blog series. I mean, I love talking about myself, but come on! I think the topics are just a little too standard. I wish things were mixed up a little more. Or something? I don't know, maybe I just feel weird writing about myself, but I don't mind reading about you at all! Go figure!

vickdn said...

Um I love the blog series! Don't stop! I agree with you about my Chi and DVR - they both will probably make my list! And right now I AM living without my Chi because it finally broke. I have been without it for like a week, just wearing my hair curly for now... so technically I guess I CAN live without it, but I don't want to! And you read my post about not having DVR/cable the other night. I cried! So yeah I'd say I can't live without that either! Good list!

Julia said...

Whilst writing my "day two" post (which isn't posted yet because blogger's image uploader is down) I had the exact same thought about self-centered-ness. Anyway, I still enjoying reading others, though! Oh, and I am totally down with your food preferences!

California Wife said...

Love this little blogging series of yours... that Kitchen Aid carry on print is too cute!

RN Mama said...

Everytime I see one of you Southerners talk about Chick-Fil-A, a little piece of me dies. Seriously. Why are there no Chick-Fil-A's in Michigan?:(

P.S. I'm loving this blog series!

Nat said...

RH Luxury plush throws are the BEST gift (I think you gave me the idea and I now gift it to everyone!). I also feel the same way about my mixer, seriously, and I look awful without my bright blond hair!

Heather said...

Hi. I just discovered your blog and I love it! I am a lawyer too. It is a slow day at work so here I am, getting caught up. I have the same RH blanket and love it! That is SO cool that your library delivers. I've never heard of such a feature.