Tuesday, September 28, 2010

day seven postponed

I realize I'm supposed to post Day Seven of my 10 day blogging series today.  Here's the thing - it's not going to happen. 

I must admit, I'm really losing my enthusiasm for this series.  It's not that I mind blogging every day, but I'm not enjoying the topics anymore. I'm tired of talking about myself. It's becoming a big fat snooze.  I'm looking forward to the end of the series so I can go back to blogging about important, relevant topics - like TV, food and football.  :) 

However, that's not why I haven't written a Day Seven post.  This is:


I read The Hunger Games this weekend. Just like everyone assured me I would, I LOVED it.  (After reading a plot summary of the book, I decided it wasn't for me.  If you've been thinking the same thing, YOU'RE WRONG. Read this. Soon.) 

I'm on the waiting list for Catching Fire (the follow up to The Hunger Games) at the library. I tried to exercise some patience and wait for the book to become available.  That lasted about 24 hours.  Last night, I decided I could wait no longer and had to go buy the book.  I made it to Barnes & Noble as they were locking the door.  I nearly cried in the parking lot. 

Needless to say, Barnes & Noble was my first stop as soon as I left work tonight. I made dinner, went to the gym, did some laundry and watched the Britney episode of Glee. (How awesome was that episode?  Instant classic. Loved it. And dang, Glee Brittany can dance!)

Now it's almost 11:30 and I'm determined to start Catching Fire before I go to bed.

Hopefully I'll get to my Day Seven post tomorrow.  My likelihood of success depends largely on whether I finish Catching Fire tonight. :) 

Peace out, Girl Scouts! 

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

I just finished Catching Fire and LOVED it! I started Mockingjay and I'm kind of a little sad knowing this story is almost over. Goodness, Glee Brittany is awesome!

The Sister said...

They should have let Glee Brittany sing earlier!

Samma said...

Catching Fire and Glee are both so good! That is an ideal evening.

Lovely In Pink said...

I wish I would have known you needed Catching Fire. I have it and would have been more than happy to mail it to you! Bummer! Glad you enjoyed Hunger Games, you'll love Catching Fire even more...

Atlanta, Food and Love said...

Hummm...I just read the summary on line and as you said I am a little skeptical...I get to pick my book club's book next week and this sounds way out of our realm. Maybe I will throw a wrench in it with this one.

Buckhead Belle said...

Ooooh, so glad you recommended that book... I've been needing something new to read!

Also, that episode of Glee was am-azing. Loved it.

Sara said...

I still haven't picked these books up yet. Mainly because I'm scared I won't be able to put them down for weeks. Glad to hear they're worth it!

We've got Glee saved on our DVR for tonight! So excited!

(p.s. I gave up on the 10 day thing too! Boring.)

Laurel said...

Glee Brittany is awesome! I believe she was initially hired to teach the cast the choreography for "Single Ladies" and they decided to keep her as an actress. Good choice on their part!

Thanks for the book suggestions, I'll have to check them out.

California Wife said...

Whoa, you stay up really late! I go to bed so early it isn't even funny. Hearing about all that you get done in a night is impressive. Maybe I should try that?
I still haven't had time to read more of The Hunger Games, but I can't wait. At first I thought the summary made it seem like a book I would hate too, but the more I heard about it I just had to give it a try!

Lucky in Love said...

I totally agree with you about Glee Brittney. Isn't she amazing! And hilarious :)

Stilletto said...

Finished the first in an airport that did not have the second book- But they had the third!!! What is that about! I bought the book on amazon while sitting in the defunct airport should get here soon!

Mel said...

Glee Brittney is a professional dancer - or so I've heard. Rumor has it she got her part while teaching the Beyonce dance. I loved that episode. I finally watched it last night.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity