Tuesday, September 14, 2010

chuckles from the inbox

Sometimes, you find humor in the most unusual of places.  For me, most recently, it was my sorority's alumni email thread. 

A bit of background: My sorority has a local alumni chapter which hosts semi-regular social and volunteer events.  The group has an email list serve with hundreds of recipients which sends out occasional email reminders about upcoming meetings and events, as well as announcements and solicitations from sisters. ("Want to buy my hideous orange couch?"  "Need a realtor?" "Contact me for your Mary Kay/Insurance/Pampered Chef needs!") 

Needless to say, I typically delete the emails without giving them a second glance. 
 
Well, thank goodness I didn't miss this little gem. 
 
In response to a general email about upcoming activities, the following reply was sent to each and every one of the hundreds of email addresses on the list serve:

{names and email addresses have been changed to protect the not so innocent.}

From:  John Doe <JohnDoe123@mail.com>
To: XYZSororityAlums@yahoogroup.com
Sent: Fri, Sep 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Subject: Re: [XYZSororityAlums] Mother - Daughter Brunch


Jane and I are now divorced (thank god!). Would your please change her email address to janedoe345@mail.com ?


I think I laughed for a solid three minutes after this email showed up in my inbox. 

Maybe John Doe is a d-bag for sending this message to hundreds of Jane's sisters.  Maybe Jane was such a heinous bee-yotch that deserved this and more.  I don't know.  But I'm pretty sure the divorce wasn't amicable.  And at least one of the people in that marriage was a total jackass. 

Thanks for the laugh John Doe!

18 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness, that is so funny!

Melissa said...

Too funny...perhaps slightly mean- but who am I to judge? I wouldn't put it past myself to do the exact same thing.

Emily said...

ha! that cracked me up

LG said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS! ha OMG! Now you gotta find out the story!

Atlanta, Food and Love said...

Happy hump day - that chuckle was a great way to start it off...

The Sister said...

Note to self: Don't marry a jackass.

Lucky in Love said...

Oh my goodness...that is too hilarious :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

Hilarious! I would pee my pants if I got something like that!

d.a.r. said...

oh my gawd, I so needed this laugh today!!

I would DIE if I received an email like that!!!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

This is so funny! Thanks for sharing! :)

lifeofadoctorswife said...

WOW! That is hilarious!! Poor Jane though. :-)

Jen Watts said...

agreed...Hilarious!

Julia said...

oh that is priceless. why can't i get good e-mails like that?

Kristen said...

That's great!

California Wife said...

Haha, that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh!

PinkLouLou said...

OMG I am sitting here with leah and chrissy {my pi roomies of like what 8 years now} haha and we are rolling. rolling. This is awesomely hysterically embarrassing. wow is all I have to say. touche John Doe, touche.

Tiffany said...

OHMYGOSH...I die.

That is hysterical/not hysterical for Jane Doe! haha. You know one of her BFF's saw that pop up in their inbox and flipped their lid! Thanks for sharing!

Politics and Pearls said...

Love this!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity