Friday, September 3, 2010

Are you ready for some football???

I am!  My Labor Day weekend plans are centered around football this year. 

Tomorrow, I'll be cheering on both my college football teams - the Florida Gators and the UCF Knights.   



The Gators are playing early so I'll cheer them on from my living room.  But don't you worry, I'll be sporting my sexy (hah!) Gator sweat pants and hollering "Go Gators!" from the couch.  

Around half time in the Gator game, we'll leave for game #2 (No worries, the Gators will be crushing Miami of Ohio by then).  The Mister and I feel so lucky to live in the same town where we attended college. We never have to miss a football game!  Tomorrow afternoon we'll head out to Bright House Networks Stadium on the University of Central Florida campus to cheer on the UCF Knights!



My black & gold attire has been chosen, the potato salad I'm contributing to the tailgate is in the fridge and the cooler is waiting to be packed. We are ready for game day!

The football fun continues on Sunday. My girlfriends and I are having our Fantasy Football draft.  Despite the fact that most of us have never played Fantasy Football, we decided to create an all girls' league. We asked my sister's boyfriend to set up the league for us because none of us had a clue how to do it.  He created the league  - and he also named it.  Future Cougars of America.  Seriously. We thought it was funny so we kept it. So come Sunday, all ten teams in the Future Cougars of America league will be drafting players, drinking beer and talking smack.  I can't wait.

My team name?  Red Beans & Jerry Rice.  (Come on, you know it's funny.)

I probably don't have to point out that I am a BIG San Francisco 49ers fan.


I think Red Beans & Jerry Rice will dominate in Sunday's draft!

There's no football planned for Monday (yet) but I'm sure I can find a way to fix that!  Hope you all have a fabulous, fun, football filled weekend!

4 comments:

Dree said...

It sounds like you're going to have a great time! Have a super weekend!

The Sister said...

Red Beans & Jerry Rice is going down. Team "GatorDon'tTakeNoShit" is going to win it all!

Sara said...

I love that you're doing a draft! How fun! It will definitely make the whole season so much more enjoyable when you've got a stake in the game. Great idea and great team name.

BTW, love your black and gold! My alma mater is black and gold too!

d.a.r. said...

Yeahhh!! Go gators!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity