Thursday, September 17, 2009

What Would Brian Boitano Make?

I've been humming this song for days:
















That's right - the famous (infamous?) "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" from the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

If you're wondering why, you must not have seen the newest show on the Food Network, "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" Yep, figure skater Brian Boitano now has his own cooking show on the Food Network.

Can you imagine how the pitch for this show went?

"How about a cooking show hosted by Brian Boitano?"

"The flamboyant figure skater?"

Totally embarassing confession time: This show cracks me up. Brian Boitano is campy and colorful and I love him. He dances around the kitchen while things saute, he's obsessed with a garlic chopper, and he's totally got a sense of humor about the South Park song - it's the intro to his show! (And thus the reason I can't get it out of my head.)

Plus, the food he makes looks great. He puts a new spin on classic dishes and makes cooking fun. Most of the episodes I've seen feature recipes that are great for entertaining, which I love. The episode where he deconstructs paella into tapas-style appetizers left me searching for an excuse to make a pitcher of sangria and throw a spanish themed party.

Rumor has it he's done an entire show featuring recipes with bacon. Any show that will devote an entire epoisode to bacon gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from this girl.

Thank you to the Food Network for taking a chance on this show. He won't be replacing Ina Garten as my #1 Food Network crush, but I am lovin' me some Brian Boitano!

2 comments:

Kristen B said...

Brian and I sing that song everytime we see commercials for the show!! Cracks me up!!

for the love said...

I know. I can watch this video 100x and still laugh every time!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity