Thursday, September 24, 2009

target, how i love thee


Look at the little lovelies that Target left on my doorstep yesterday...

I love this dress. It's comfy, flattering and perfect for the office. The neckline is high enough that you don't have to wear a cami underneath and the length is totally work appropriate. And it comes in three more colors. I have a feeling tar-jay might be leaving another package on my front porch very soon.

merona ruffle knit top

I saw this cute top a few weeks ago over at According to Nina but couldn't find it at my local Super T. While I was perusing target.com I came across it again and decided to add it to my cart. I was not disappointed. The ruffled sleeves are too cute.



I'm still a bit on the fence on this one. I think it looks cute on and much more slimming than it looks on the model. And brown is good for fall, right? However, I'm concerned that it's the type of dress that will wrinkle the second you put it on. I'm worried that by the time I make it to the office it will look like I slept in it. I showed the dress to The Mister and asked him to weigh in. His response: "It looks like our bed sheets." To be fair, he's right. The sheets on our bed are the exact same color. But it wasn't quite the response I was expecting. Don't you just love men? He said he liked it on me, but now I think of our sheets everytime I see the dress. Between that and the wrinkle worries, this one may be going back.

Oh - and the grand total for all three items - about $64. With cute finds like this at such great prices, I'm going to have a hard time explaining to The Mister why I really need the super cute Mily dress for $310. But don't worry - I'll figure something out. ; )

7 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I adore that navy dress - absolutely gorgeous! And I love all of the colors... man, like I need another reason to go to Target!!

Simply Me said...

hi!!

first of all I just found your blog and LOVE It :) new follower here...
second of all the last dress, i have it in black and no wrinkles here!
I was worried about the same thing but I have no issues, and I work in fashion so people would notice hah :)
talk to ya soon!
Kate
www.kateandkylie.com

ChatTeaKathy said...

I just had a Target episode last night. You know, the kind when you walk in for laundry detergent and walk out with 4 pairs of shoes, a couple of tops, and headbands. I love all that you posted here. The last dress is fabulous for fall!

kristy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi". Looks like we have a lot of similar interest! :) And who doesn't love Target!

Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

score, those are all very pretty! i super duper love cheap target finds. i've had to start banning myself from perusing the woman's section because i would buy something every. single. time. then i found a shirt in maternity that i liked and was like "oh god! stop jill!" target is so lovely

Sara said...

Cute stuff!!! What amazing finds. I can never find that kinda stuff at my local Target. I need to shop with you sometime!!! When are you free? :)

Jennifer said...

Don't you just love the cute things Target has. I found a bunch of things last weekend.

& what your husband said sounds exactly what mine would say. Sometimes (not always) it totally ruins my idea of what I thought looked cute.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity