Delicious and Nutritious

The Mister and I have been trying to eat more healthy lately. We've both been busy at work which has led to not enough time at the gym and too much take-out. So, in an effort to shed a few pounds, we've been trying to eat more home-cooked, healthy meals. Here are a few quick and easy meals we've really enjoyed.

Dijon Lime Chicken

(picture and recipe from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes)

4 chicken thighs, skin removed
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp light Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, crushed
1-2 T. lime juice , salt and peper to taste

(this is slightly modified from the original recipe)

Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse the chicken and remove the skin and all fat; pat dry and set aside. In a large bowl combine dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add chicken to bowl, tossing well to coat. Spray a large baking pan with a nonstick spray. Place chicken to fit in a single layer. Bake until cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.

This was so easy to make and tasted great. I made the recipe with chicken thighs this time because I had some in the freezer, but next time I'll use chicken breasts or tenderloins because they're healthier.
Another healthy dinner we LOVED was kabobs on the grill. It couldn't have been easier to make and was sooo delicious. We used chicken breasts, lean beef, bell peppers and onions last time. We're planning to make them again this weekend and we'll add in some squash and zuchinni. I think everyone knows how to make kabobs, but I wanted to share my "picture recipe" anyway because I think they were almost as pretty as they were tasty!






This meal was so good we forgot it was healthy. I think it will become a staple at This Old House.

I also made a yummy, low point chili this week - I'll share pictures & the recipe soon!

4 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

Those kabobs are gorgeous! I wish I liked veggies! I'm sure the hubs wishes that too so he could get some variety in his side dishes. haha!

a H.I.T. said...

I've made a similar chicken recipe before. Spreading dijon and mayo over chicken with just about any herbs is absolutely delicious! My favorite combo is with Herbs from Provence and lemon slices.

Lyr said...

All of this looks absolutely wonderful!!! Love your blog!

Melissa Good Taste said...

Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is so fun too! I am a big skewers fan. YUM YUM!